Approximately 40 of over 200 naturally occurring xanthones are found in Garcinia mangostana (mangosteen). The most studied xanthones are α, β, ϒ-mangostins, garcinone E, 8-deoxygartanin and gartanin. Tey possess antioxidant, anti-tumoral, anti-allergic, anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, anti-fungal and anti-viral properties.
- Anti-microbial activities: The extract has broad spectrum anti-bacterial actibity against several Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria.
- Anti-allergic action: Mangosteen fruit extract strongly inhibited histamine release and prostaglandin E2 synthesis.
- Anti-inflammatory action: It attenuates expression of inflammatory mediators such as TNF-α and IL-6, NF-ĸB. Ingestion of a blended mangosteen juice decreased serum C-reactive protein levels.
- Anti-tumor activities: Includes cell cycle arrest, supperssion of tumor cell proliferation, induction of apoptosis and differentiation, reduction of inflammation and inhibition of adhesion, invasion and matastasis.
- Natural antibiotics
- Ease allergic responses
- Reduce inflammation
- Suppress abnormal cell growth
12 years and above - one tablet two times daily
Mangosteen can be used in combination with other chemotherapeutic agents as adjuvant therapy to achieve increased therapeutic efficacy and minimize chemotherapy-induced toxicity.
60 tablets per bottle